Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Development Manager in performing in-depth due diligence and managing due diligence teams on potential development projects.
- Help coordinate entitlement processes in cooperation with all necessary stakeholders.
- Contract with consultants for individual projects related to managing portfolio properties.
- Assist in the RFP solicitation and bid review for General Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
- Work with design professionals to help ensure project deliverables are on schedule and budget.
- Support the Development Manager in overseeing on-site construction, including qualifying, selecting, and coordinating the activities of General Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
- Coordinate with contractors and financial institutions on monthly draw requests for ongoing projects.
- Perform other project management functions as required for ground-up development, adaptive re-use, and tenant improvement projects.
- Prepare and maintain contract management files.
- Schedule and attend property tours for potential acquisition projects.
- Four-year degree in design, architecture, construction management or similar.
- Superior analytical capabilities.
- Superior attention to detail.
- One-to-two-year track record of professional success in real estate, development, construction, or similar field.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications, particularly Microsoft Suite and Adobe.
- Experience presenting complex information and concepts in a succinct, straightforward manner.
- Flexibility to occasionally work weekends and holidays, depending on business need.
- Ability to communicate easily and clearly in English.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the United States of America
- Ability to interact and communicate tactfully, collaboratively, and positively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff, management, vendors, and customers and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
- Ability to accurately enter a variety of data on computer system, to monitor, track and reconcile data, and to identify and correct errors and discrepancies.
- Ability to work autonomously as needed, with strong initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively establish work priorities, exercise independent judgment, and make data-based decisions.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Flexible and open to innovative ideas.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while maintaining an elevated level of productivity.
- Ability to research a subject and give a comprehensive summary.