Commercial Property Manager
Commercial Property Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day management of staff and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Prepare, evaluate, and distribute financial reports and review with third-party owners as needed:
- Annual budgets.
- Five-year capital plans.
- Monthly financial statements, including variance report/aged delinquency.
- Annual reconciliation.
- Miscellaneous charge worksheets.
- Monitor and report aged delinquency, pursue collections diligently.
- Prepare distributions and financial reports for third party clients.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accuracy of all reporting.
- Provide proactive customer service, working with clients and tenants to address their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with tenants through regular communication and owner-sponsored events.
- Review tenant work orders and ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Oversee all leases and lease files, ensuring all documents are in order.
- Abstract new leases and input into Yardi accounting system.
- Assist in leasing of vacant space.
Vendor and Building Maintenance
- Solicit and evaluate bids and select vendors/contractors for property services.
- Contract with vendors for individual projects as needed.
- Maintain strong working relationships with vendors, monitoring them for quality and to ensure all contracted work is being completed to our standards and specifications.
- Respond as needed to after-hours emergency calls.
- Provide management oversight of capital and tenant improvement construction projects.
- Pursue classes that will further knowledge of all aspects of PM, including but not limited to, RPA and CPM candidacy classes
- Investigate and pursue options that further the green mission of the building
- Ensure that all vendors adhere to green practice
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of four years property management experience preferred.
- Commercial and Multi-family property management experience preferred.
- Strong accounting knowledge to enable accurate preparation and review of budgets, variances, and reconciliations.
- Previous personnel management experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Yardi software strongly preferred.
- Must own a vehicle and maintain a clean driving record.
- Flexibility to occasionally work weekends, holidays, depending on business need, (is “on call” all hours of the day, and accessible and responsive in times of emergency).
- Must be able to communicate easily and clearly in English.
- Must be able to legally work for any employer in the United States of America.
- Ability to interact and communicate tactfully and positively with all levels of staff, management, vendors, and other customers, and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
- Ability to be proactive and follow tasks through to completion and willingness to “go the extra mile” is imperative.
- Commitment to pursuing advanced knowledge of property management, accounting, and other business skills through on-going educational opportunities.
- Ability to accurately enter a variety of data on the computer system, monitor and track data, reconcile data, and identify and correct errors and discrepancies.
- Possess strong initiative and self-motivation, exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and discretion regarding personnel issues and other sensitive information. Proven leadership and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively establish work priorities, and to make independent decisions.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Flexible and open to new ideas.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Ability to research a subject and give a comprehensive summary.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.